background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

California Trip

Allie and I got to go to California and spend two weeks visiting and playing with family and friends. I justified it by saying I had to do a Scentsy Party and that would help pay for the gas. Unfortunately Allan does not have paid time off from work yet so he had to stay behind.

I forgot how Green California is at this time of year. As we were driving over the altamont the sun was setting and the windmills were going (sorry wind turbines or whatever they're called. I know Galen will correct me) and the grass seemed almost fluorescent in the lighting. It was gorgeous. If I hadn't been so anxious to be done driving I probably would have stopped to take a picture oh well. We had stopped in Stockton to see Travis he was there doing a training for work. Then when we got off the freeway Jason called to see where we were at turns out we were right down the street from his house at that time so we stopped in and had a very yummy dinner with his family. Allie was so excited to see Tessa and Hudson. Then we continued on our way to my parent's house.

There were a few days when it rained while we were there, but for the most part it was perfect weather. Allie discovered Umbrellas and loved that she could play outside and not get wet. If we would have let her she probably would have picked every flower she could find. That girl loves flowers.

We got to go to the park and have a picnic lunch with Grandma Too. Allie had a blast and I guess we wore Grandma out also since she went home and took a nap as well.


Thanks Galen and Travis for teaching her that she loves to climb trees. Don't you know that's how I broke my wrist. I think the second picture is pretty funny though since both Galen and Travis are making crazy faces.
And what would a trip be to California without going to the barn with Grandpa to feed the chickens. Of course when you do that you always have to wear your cowboy hat (oops sorry cowgirl hat) just like Grandpa.


We had lots of fun and already miss everyone. So I think they should come out here soon for a visit. While I don't mind driving long distance and Allie is the perfect little traveler I don't think I'll do it anytime soon. At least not for a couple of months. Got to save up my gas money :)

2 comments:

i kiss better than i cook said...

so sad i missed out on seeing you!! but i'm glad you had a blast while you were here =)

Lisa said...

Allie is SO cute!!! I wish we could all get together with our little girls, maybe someday I'll make it up to Utah :)