background

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Down goes the wall

I wanted to open up the kitchen and dining area so we decided to take down part of the wall. This is after we took the plaster down.
This is Allan holding the wall up because the roof started to come down...... oh just kidding it came down with no problems. I love that the kitchen is so much brighter now. The only down side is that people will be able to see the kitchen sink when they walk in. Guess I better get Allan used to washing dishes :)
And of course I had to throw some excitement into our day and backed up into a drill that was standing up and put a puncture hole in the back of my leg. It's crazy how much a little hole can bleed. Luckily Allan was there with me and he was able to get the bleeding stopped, washed out with alcohol (that hurt worse I think) and then bandaid put on. I was good and didn't even pass out. I think I had a tetnus shot when I had Allie so for now we'll just watch it and make sure it doesn't get infected. The other good thing is that it was a new drill bit so there wasn't any rust.

1 comment:

annwager said...

Maybe you could put curtains across that opening. So, then you could usually leave them open to let the light in but if you had a dirty kitchen and had people stopping by then you could close them. And the curtains would add "texture, color, and visual interest." :) Just talking the HGTV talk. It looks great guys! Let us know when would be a good time for us to come back and help you with something.