background

Saturday, December 5, 2009

This is the Season

I love Christmas time. I love everything about it the music, the smells, the traditions, the memories. I could keep going but you get the picture. Anyways, Allie is old enough this year to grasp the concept of Christmas and that means PRESENTS! She is excited for Santa Claus to be coming and bringing her a purple present and a green present (not sure what's inside those yet) I'm sure we'll all be surprised. I did hear her say something about books and a snow white dolly. hmmm! She's also convinced and very excited to be going to the north pole with him on his sleigh. I tried telling her it was to cold for her to go with him and she said "that's okay I'll put on my jacket." With all this excitement about Santa Claus I realized I needed to spend a little more time talking to her about the true meaning of Christmas. I've been wanting to get a nativity set that she could play with and saw the Little People one that is really cute. However to get all the pieces it's also really expensive for a child's nativity set. I went to Deseret Book the other day to get some stuff and the lady said you spent $30 so you can get this nativity set for $3.99 I said I'll take it. I figured if she breaks it, it wasn't that much and it'll be good for her to learn the story. We brought it home and I told her the story and how during Christmas we also celebrate Jesus's Birthday. She got very excited about that and decided the baby Jesus needed a birthday cakeThat's what the stack of styrofoam is in the picture(birthdays are another big thing this year it doesn't even matter whose it is as long as she can tell everyone her birthday is January 15th) She sang him Happy Birthday and then tried to retell the story to me it's pretty funny to hear her version so I'll have to try and get a video of it. It's actually kept her busy for a few days now so I guess I got a pretty good deal. Good thing it was only $3.99 because the night we got it one of the wise men lost his head and I think it went out with the trash. OOPS! She can still play with a headless wiseman right?

No comments: