background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Maybe they can fix it so I can be a boy like Daddy!

I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop and thought it would be fun to play around with it, so I took some pictures of Allie in her Christmas dress to experiment with. So here's my "little angel" who was playing so nice with her toys that I thought I could sneak away to play on the computer.


Her little halo must have shifted alittle to make room for the mischievious horns to come through because when she came in to ask me a question she was missing half her hair. I asked her where it was and she said in the kitchen. I had left the scissors on the table that I used to cut the ribbon for her bow and forgot to put them back up high. This is what I walked in on.

So we made a trip over to walmart's hair salon to find out what they could do with it. The lady said oh she got it good this time. She must have remembered us from last month when Allie gave herself a little trim. Atleast then it was still shoulder length. She gave Allie a little bob and left the one side a "little layered" otherwise all of her hair would have to be above her ears. Allie's response to all this is "Maybe they can fix it so I can be a boy like Daddy."


She then tried to tell the lady that she wanted her hair to look like the girl on the poster who of course had long hair. The stylist just laughed and said "sorry sweetie but when you cut your hair it has to be short like this."
Erin and Colby stopped by to see how it was going and I got a smile out of Colby. Allie loves spending time with Erin's family in fact she told me while we were at walmart that I could drop her off at Erin's and then come pick her up later. She didn't want me to come with her.

So this is Allie with her new hair cut. I'll admit I cried this morning because she's actually been letting me braid it and keep clips in it. Now we'll have to wait for it to grow out......again.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! Tragic! She is SO cute though, and she still looks cute with the short hair, it will grow back! I have luckily kept the scissors away from Hailey, but Ian got himself a few times when he was younger. What a fun phase eh?

Erin said...

I love that girl! Even when she's a grumpy gus! Did you manage to get her a nap after that? Oh and mister I have to have a new movie went and slept through the entire thing after we got it home. Figures.