background

Monday, January 11, 2010

Uranus

Allie and I had just finished putting together a puzzle of the solar system. It's one of those floor puzzles. As we finished up she wanted to know what everything was so I started telling her the names. This is how our conversation went:
Me: That's Mercury, Venus, Earth which is where we live
Allie: No way!
Me: Yep we live right there (point to general area)
Allie: Where does Grandma Hoxie live?
Me: right about there. Let's keep going this is Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus
Allie: My anus?
Me: No just Uranus
Allie: Whose Anus? My anus or your anus?
Me: No that's just the name it's called Uranus
Allie (puzzled look like mom your nuts)
Me: anyways thisi s Neptune and Pluto (yes it's an older puzzle)

When it was time to clean up Allie went running over to the puzzle and said I'll clean up my anus and grabbed the pieces belonging to Uranus and put them in the box. Thankfully I don't think she knows what an anus is yet, well atleast I dont' think she does she has surprised me with a few things lately.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is SOOO funny! It is funny how kids interpret things. Ian says Me-tah instead of Utah.